The top 20 US universities with the wealthiest alumni, ranked
- Where you attend college can influence how much money you earn.
- In its latest report, Wealth-X ranked the top 20 US colleges with the most ultra-high-net-worth alumni.
- Ivy Leagues, private universities, and California schools comprise much of the list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Pick the right college, and you might just set yourself on the path to wealth.Wealth-X ranked the top 20 US colleges with the most ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) alumni in its new report, "The University of Ultra High Net Worth Alumni Rankings 2019." The report analyzed the Wealth-X database to look at the relationship between education and wealth levels across universities worldwide.Advertisement
Wealth-X reported the actual number of UNHW individuals known to hold a degree from each institution and then calculated a projected estimate to predict the number of alumni with the total global UHNW population. Wealth-X defines ultra-high-net-worth individuals as those with assets exceeding $30 million and included both undergraduate and graduate alumni with degrees.
Six Ivy League universities made the top 20, while private universities dominated the list overall. California has the highest number of universities out of any state on the list, with four universities in the top 20.Of course, earning potential doesn't just boil down to where one attends college - it can also be related to major and the field or industry of work that leads to, among other factors. And it's completely possible to build wealth no matter what college you attend - or if you don't attend college at all.
20. Boston University is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
19. University of Virginia is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.Advertisement
18. University of Miami is located in Coral Gables, Florida.
17. The University of California Los Angeles is located in Los Angeles, California.Advertisement
16. The University of Michigan is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
15. The University of Notre Dame is located in Notre Dame, Indiana.Advertisement
14. Princeton University is located in Princeton, New Jersey.
13. The University of Texas at Austin is located in Austin, Texas.Advertisement
12. Cornell University is located in Ithaca, New York.
11. University of California Berkeley is located in Berkeley, California.Advertisement
10. Yale University is located in New Haven, Connecticut.
9. The University of Chicago is located in Chicago, Illinois.Advertisement
8. The University of Southern California is located in Los Angeles, California.
7. Northwestern University is located in Evanston, Illinois.Advertisement
6. Massachusetts Institute of Technology is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
5. New York University is located in New York, New York.Advertisement
4. Columbia University is located in New York, New York.
3. The University of Pennsylvania is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.Advertisement
2. Stanford University is located in Stanford, California.
1. Harvard University is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.Advertisement
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry