The Trump Organization sues the chairman of the House Oversight Committee to block subpoena of Trump's financial records
- The Trump Organization sued the chairman of the House Oversight Committee on Monday after he subpoenaed President Donald Trump's accounting firm for Trump's financial records.
- The chairman, Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, announced the subpoena to Mazars USA last week.
- He requested Trump's financial records going back 10 years and said the subpoena was based on testimony provided by Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, as well as "corroborating documents" that raised questions about "whether the President has been accurate in his financial reporting."
In February, Cohen appeared before the House Oversight Committee for a blockbuster hearing in which he implicated the president in campaign-finance violations, as well as financial misconduct. Among other things, Cohen has Trump routinely inflated or deflated his assets for insurance and tax purposes.Cohen also accused Trump of inflating his net worth in an effort to buy the Buffalo Bills football team.
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive