The US is suddenly an underdog in the Women's World Cup
The United States women's national team beat China 1-0 in their quarterfinal match at the Women's World Cup, but their chances of winning the entire tournament have actually gone down, according to the latest model from Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight. Germany is now a heavy favorite to win it all.
The US were a slight favorite prior to the tournament and opened up a 33%-25% lead over Germany entering the knockout stage. However, Germany became the favorite prior to the quarterfinals, and that was before their win over third-ranked France.
The US has looked shaky at times and despite dominating No. 16 China, they still only scored a single goal. As a result, Silver's model now gives Germany a 57% chance to beat the US in the semifinals and a 43% chance to win it all.
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines