The US women's gymnastics team just revealed their new team name
Immediately after the scores were finalized, Simone Biles, Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas, Laurie Hernandez, Madison Kocian, gathered in front of press cameras and announced with a triumphant shout that they've picked a new team name: The Final Five.
The name was chosen presumably because this is the last Summer Games in which gymnastics teams will be allowed to have five members. Beginning with the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, each team may only compete with four members.
Other notable US teams have picked up nicknames, too: In 1996, the Magnificent Seven became the first US gymnastics team to win Olympic gold. And at the London games in 2012, the gold-winning combo of Douglas, Raisman, McKayla Maroney, Jordyn Wieber, and Kyla Ross was known as the Fierce Five.
The Final Five aren't done with competition yet: Biles and Raisman return to competition this Thursday to fight for the all-around gold medal. And, later during the games, all five members of the team will compete in event finals: Biles and Raisman on floor exercise, Kocian and Douglas on uneven bars, and Hernandez on beam.
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- SC quashes Kerala HC order granting anticipatory bail to 4 in ISRO espionage case
- India coal production for April-Nov period up 17%, to 524mn tonnes
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World