The viral FaceApp is driving Indians crazy showing an error instead of a picture
- Users in India are reporting an error when opening FaceApp, an AI photo editor that allows users to age people in photos.
- iPhone users are getting the message ‘ApiRequestError error 6 - Operation could not be completed’ and Android users are seeing ‘Something went wrong, please try again’ on their devices.
- Using a VPN bypass is helping most users overcome the issue.
Continuously getting something went wrong error on FaceApp . Anyone else ?— Varun Krishnan (@varunkrish) 1563364772000
Everyone from the Jonas Brother to Bollywood celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Varun Dhawan have been testing the apps feature to age themselves.
But the fun stalled for some iPhone users last night when they got an ‘ApiRequestError error 6 - Operation couldn’t be completed’ on opening the app. It usually means there’s an error sending the request to the server.
So much for #FaceApp. Oh well. SVP https://t.co/112dubJkMK— Something Very Profound (@sidpatankar) 1563366277000
#Faceapp is not working in India, Bangalore location. Can anybody help me? Getting below error. https://t.co/3W1XL79SH0— Krishnaraj (@KrishnarajJalde) 1563382855000
If there was an issue with the servers, only users on the Indian subcontinent seem to have been affected because a simple virtual private network (VPN) bypass is giving users access to FaceApp again.
As of today morning, FaceApp was working fine for the Business Insider India team.
It may have only been a temporary hiccup to do with server problems but the company is yet to issue a statement to address these concerns.
No, FaceApp is not stealing your data — it's only making you look old
A psychologist explains why everyone is obsessed with a new viral app that shows what you'll look like when you're old
This viral photo app that makes you look old has been all over everyone's social media feeds. Here's how to use it.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says