The viral FaceApp is driving Indians crazy showing an error instead of a picture
- Users in India are reporting an error when opening FaceApp, an AI photo editor that allows users to age people in photos.
- iPhone users are getting the message ‘ApiRequestError error 6 - Operation could not be completed’ and Android users are seeing ‘Something went wrong, please try again’ on their devices.
- Using a VPN bypass is helping most users overcome the issue.
Continuously getting something went wrong error on FaceApp . Anyone else ?— Varun Krishnan (@varunkrish) 1563364772000
Everyone from the Jonas Brother to Bollywood celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Varun Dhawan have been testing the apps feature to age themselves.
But the fun stalled for some iPhone users last night when they got an ‘ApiRequestError error 6 - Operation couldn’t be completed’ on opening the app. It usually means there’s an error sending the request to the server.
So much for #FaceApp. Oh well. SVP https://t.co/112dubJkMK— Something Very Profound (@sidpatankar) 1563366277000
Android users also complained about receiving a ‘Something went wrong, please try again’ message on their devices.
#Faceapp is not working in India, Bangalore location. Can anybody help me? Getting below error. https://t.co/3W1XL79SH0— Krishnaraj (@KrishnarajJalde) 1563382855000
If there was an issue with the servers, only users on the Indian subcontinent seem to have been affected because a simple virtual private network (VPN) bypass is giving users access to FaceApp again.
As of today morning, FaceApp was working fine for the Business Insider India team.
No, FaceApp is not stealing your data — it's only making you look old
A psychologist explains why everyone is obsessed with a new viral app that shows what you'll look like when you're old
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do