THE VIRTUAL REALITY REPORT: Forecasts, market size, and the trends driving adoption
While the technology has been associated mostly with gaming, the platform offers new opportunities for video, e-commerce, and more.
In a new report from BI Intelligence, we provide proprietary forecasts for VR headset shipments and revenue and estimate average selling price over the next five years. We also take a look at the different types of VR headset technology now on the market, discuss which categories will win out, and look at several use cases for VR headsets, including gaming and other.
Don't be left in the dark: Stay ahead of the curve and access our full report to get everything you need to know about trends in virtual reality. All in an easy to understand format with helpful graphs. Get the report now >>
Here are some key points from the report:
- Virtual Reality (VR) headsets are debuting on the consumer market and set to launch an advanced and immersive content platform. We estimate shipments of VR headsets will grow at a swift 99% compound annual growth rate between 2015 and 2020.
- VR shipments will create a $2.8 billion hardware market by 2020, up from an estimated $37 million market this year.
- VR headsets are a fairly low-cost consumer electronics category, and this will help drive adoption. The devices will be priced similarly to smartwatches and also need to pair with another standalone computing device.
- Demand for VR headsets will be fueled by gaming on both mobile and console devices. There are 1.2 billion gamers worldwide, including nearly 1 billion mobile gamers alone. This creates a direct, addressable market for VR headsets.
- Beyond gaming, VR will be an important platform for streaming content and even shopping. Oculus has already experimented with Story Studio, a platform for VR movie creation. In addition, many consumers claim the VR experience will drive them to shop more online rather than in stores.
This is just a small piece of our comprehensive 25-page report. Become an expert on the topic by accessing the full report now »
In full, the report:
- Forecasts annual shipments of VR headsets between 2015 and 2020.
- Sizes the market for VR headset shipments by revenue and anticipates how the VR headset average selling price will trend.
- Breaks down VR headset shipments by category, including traditional VR headsets, smartphone-mounted VR headsets, and gaming-console headsets.
- Pinpoints the gaming console market as a key driver of demand for VR headsets.
- Discusses the opportunity for VR content creation in gaming, streaming video, and shopping.
- US sees highest rate of COVID-19 hospitalisations for children below 17 years
- Wealth of India's ten richest enough to fund school, higher education of every child for 25 years, reveals Oxfam study
- Kathak's living legend Pandit Birju Maharaj dies at 83
- HDFC Bank, HCL Tech, Indian Oil, Hero MotoCorp and other hot stocks on January 17
- Even after the LIC IPO, Indian government may be well short of its divestment target — for a third year in a row
- Section 144 in Mumbai
- Elon Musk
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022