'The Walking Dead' Confirms A Fan-Favorite Villain Is Coming To The Show
A huge villain from "The Walking Dead" will be joining the series soon.
Sunday night, AMC aired a one-hour special of "The Talking Dead," the usual aftershow companion to "The Walking Dead," giving a preview at the show's upcoming season 5 this fall.
Near the end of the special, host Chris Hardwick asked executive producer Scott Gimple about his favorite rumor he has heard for the series and he briefly slipped up about a very popular character making an entrance soon.
"The recent one [rumor] that Jon Hamm was going to play Negan, who is a character coming up, a villain," said Gimple.
With fangirl Aisha Tyler sitting right next to him, Gimple quickly added "coming up eventually."
Earlier this year, it was reported "The Walking Dead" series creator Robert Kirkman said "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm would be perfect for the role of fan-favorite villain Negan in the future of the series.
Comic fans know Negan is a character who comes in radically changes the dynamic of the group.that could prevent Negan's appearance on the show from feeling authentic.
Hardwick pointed out that "every other word out of his mouth is the 'f' word."
Negan's unabashedly vulgar vernacular defines his character so it will be an interesting one to see translated onto the small screen.
Gimple joked that viewers should reach out to their cable providers and make AMC a paid network.
Kirkman has previously said he has discussed casting Negan on the series with Gimple; however, we shouldn't expect to see him in the near future.
"I wouldn't expect Negan too terribly soon, although he is definitely in the plan," Kirkman told MTV News. "It's a 99% lock that he's going to be in the show eventually, so be on the lookout for that."
Right now, Gimple says that all 16 episodes for season 5 are relatively figured out.
The first trailer for "The Walking Dead" season 5 will premiere Friday, July 25 at San Diego Comic Con.
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- WagonR to Creta – Top selling cars in India in November
- Bollywood royalty shine at star-studded premiere of 'The Archies'
- Chatbots hallucinate and get confused, says Jio Haptik which is ‘training’ them
- Hindustan Zinc board approves dividend of Rs 2,535.19 crore
- Rupee rises 2 paise to 83.35 against US dollar in early trade