The world's biggest marijuana stock soars to an all-time high
- Canopy Growth Corporation hit a fresh record on Monday, continuing its surge from the previous week.
- Constellation Brands, which makes Corona and other famous beverages, is the company's biggest investor.
- Follow CGC's stock price in real-time here.
Canopy Growth Corporation, the world's largest publicly traded marijuana company, surged more than 11% on Monday to hit a record high of $37.53 a share.
The fresh high comes after Constellation Brands, the company behind Corona beer and Svedka vodka, said it would up its stake in the Canadian cannabis company by $4 billion. Constellation is Canopy's biggest investor.
Canopy Growth has been grinding higher ever since it began trading on the New York Stock Exchange in May, though its price is quite sensitive to regulatory issues. Shares took a hit last week when the Canadian province of Ontario said it would delay the launch of retail marijuana stores.
In its most recent earnings report, which coincided with the announcement of Constellation's investment, Canopy said it lost $0.11 per share on revenue of $25.9 million - both of which were worse than Wall Street had expected.
Shares of Canopy Growth gained 33% since their May initial public offering.
Business Insider interviewed Canopy's CEO, Bruce Linton, last month about his plans to operate anywhere the drug is legal, and about the new THC-infused products you can expect to see in the future.
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts