21 people reveal why they don't use dating apps - and how they meet people instead
- Dating apps are now a common way to meet people, though there are many who prefer not to use them.
- People have various reasons for not using them, from saying they're a waste of time to preferring natural, in-person chemistry.
- Here, 21 people reveal why they don't use dating apps - and how they meet people instead.
Though dating apps are a common way to meet people these days, there are still many people who prefer to meet romantic prospects in real life for the first time.
According to a 2017 report by Statista, 61% of Americans aged 18-29 and 44% of Americans 30-59 are currently using a dating site/app or have used one in the past. However, a 2018 survey by polling platform The Tylt found that almost 84% of millennials would rather find love "in real life" than online.
"Meeting people 'in the wild' makes conversations more organic and easygoing," Maria Avgitidis, founder of Agape Match, a matchmaking service based in NYC, told Business Insider in an email.
Avgitidis said that meeting in person provides an opportunity for exploration, curiosity, and a different kind of sexual tension. "More significantly, you're not hiding behind a screen and turning a soulmate into a pen pal," she said.
Here, 21 people reveal why they don't use dating apps - and how they meet people instead. The answers have been condensed and edited for clarity.
1. Charlene, 40
2. Supriya, 29
3. Chris, 29
4. Sarah, 34
5. Angelique, 24
6. Holly, 53
7. Lisa, 47
8. Anonymous, 31
9. Liz, 28
10. Anshu, 24
11. Audrey, 39
12. Stacy, 27
13. Chelsea, 26
14. Sherry, 40s
15. Scarlett, 22
16. Lauren, 29
17. Teresa, 29
18. Eva, 39
19. Lauren, 23
20. Jacki, 26
21. Sherina, 37
- Cocktails to prasads: What Indians wanted to cook and brew in 2023
- Kiara Advani to David Beckham, the most searched people in India in 2023
- Kashmir to Switzerland and more – India’s 10 most searched travel destinations in 2023
- Five common symptoms of Stomach Cancer
- Consumer confidence stays stable in RBI survey across 19 major cities