A TikToker shows the difference between the folded and round eggs at McDonald's in a behind-the-scenes video
- A TikToker claiming to be a
McDonald'semployee shared how the chain's eggsare made.
- In the video, they showed how folded and round eggs differ.
On Saturday, they shared a video explaining the difference between how the folded-style eggs and the round-style eggs at their McDonald's location are made. At the time of writing, the video had 15.3 million views.
@essentialmcdonalds #mcdonalds #roundegg #foldedeggs #comparison ♬ Spongebob Tomfoolery - Dante9k Remix - David Snell
"So today I'm going to show you the difference between our folded egg and our round egg," the TikToker said.
They first showed footage of a clear package filled with 12 pre-cooked, folded eggs.
"They're not this yellow in real life," they said, adding that the discoloration likely had something to do with the camera and lighting.
The TikToker said they pour the egg pouches directly onto a grill from the packet, arrange them neatly in rows, add a little water, and close the top of the machine to cook the small omelets. They get scooped into a tray where they're stored until an order comes in.
Moving to their footage of the round egg process, the TikTok user shows a crate of fresh, still-in-the-shell eggs and explains that those are made on-site in their location.
"They're cooked fresh every day, AKA cracked fresh," the TikToker says in the video.
After buttering the grill surface and cracking the eggs directly into ring molds, it's time to break the yolks, they said. Then they close the lid, pour water over the top to help steam the eggs, and use the same tool to scoop the rounds into another tray.
Some commenters, who claim to be both current and former McDonald's employees, have said that at their locations, they had to cook and fold the omelet-style eggs by hand as well as the round option. In the comments of another video @essentialmcdonalds posted, they note that cooking processes may vary across locations.
The TikToker and representatives for McDonald's didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data
- Bharti Airtel’s cash flows will grow for 2 years after 5G spectrum purchases too: Moody’s