Ina Garten says 'cooking is really hard' for her because she never received formal training
Ina Gartensaid that she's "not a confident cook" in an interview with Page Six.
- Garten added that her lack of classical training can make
cooking"really hard" for her.
Ina Garten admitted that she's "not a confident cook" in a new interview with Page Six, despite her being known as a celebrity chef.
"If I'm making dinner for four people, I'm like, 'How's this going to happen?' I really am. I'm really not a confident cook," she told Page Six's Nicki Gostin.
Garten said that her lack of confidence in a kitchen is due to the fact she never received any formal training as a chef. She added that as she never had to perfect any techniques "over and over and over again," she doesn't possess the same knowledge as classically-trained chefs who know exactly how something will turn out every time.
"When you're cooking at home, you know, you go to the store, you get a chicken and maybe it's a little bigger than the last one you got or its taste is a little different or the carrots are sweeter, and so you have to adjust along the way. I just find it hard," she told Page Six.
Garten said she relies on her husband, Jeffrey, to boost her confidence, who she says loves every morsel she creates.
Having first opened a specialty
Representatives for Garten did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- World's richest person Bernard Arnault's fortune has increased by more than $33 billion this year
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media