Jennifer Garner 'almost lit the kitchen on fire' while making an Ina Garten dish for Christmas
- Jennifer Garner shared a now-viral video of a Christmas cooking mishap to her Instagram account.
- Garner had attempted to make Ina Garten's recipe for beef bourguignon.
Jennifer Garner nearly lit her kitchen on fire while making an Ina Garten recipe for Christmas.
The "13 Going on 30" star shared the latest episode of her Instagram series "Pretend Cooking Show," during which she allows her 11.8 million followers to watch her cook her favorite meals. On Wednesday, Garner revealed she had a setback while making Ina Garten's beef bourguignon.
"I don't know when I started making @inagarten's beef bourguignon (from Barefoot in Paris) for Christmas," Garner, 49, wrote in the caption. "It was long enough ago that the smell of this perfect stew makes me feel happy, cozy, and relaxed."
In the video, Garner whizzes around the kitchen as she explains to the audience each step — and mistake — she's made to craft the dish. Garner said she wanted to double the recipe, but that meant she also had to double one main ingredient: cognac.
"This, dear reader, is Cognac," Garner told the camera. "Remember, we are doubling this recipe. I don't know if we need all of this."
Garner then poured the cognac into the pot and attempted to set the liquid on fire to burn the alcohol, but a wall of fire shot up and grazed the top of her oven hood.
"A thousand pardons. Don't. Double. The. Cognac," Garner told the camera. "Can you believe that just happened? That was wild!"
Garner also joked about the incident in the video's caption, writing: "Ina would never!"
Fortunately, the Barefoot Contessa praised Garner in the comment section and admitted that she also slipped up sometimes.
"That's my favorite!!! And I almost set the kitchen on fire every time! Happy New Year!!! Love you," Garten, 73, wrote.
Garner first started her Pretend Cooking Show in 2017. She told The Hollywood Reporter that the Instagram show caused "a slew of industry requests for her to do a real one."
More recently, Garner was thrust into the headlines after Ben Affleck made controversial comments about their previous 13-year marriage. Affleck suggested that he was unhappy in the relationship and turned to excessive drinking as a means to cope.
The former couple married in 2005 before they divorced in 2018 after having three children: Violet, 16, Seraphine, 12, and Samuel, 9.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day