11 entrepreneurs and CEOs reveal the best tips for negotiating virtually anything
- Learning how to negotiate - whether in business or life - is one of the most valuable skills you can have. And anyone can develop it.
- These 10 top leaders have done all sorts of successful negotiations. They recommend considering tone, emotions, and compromise in negotiations.
- For Marcello Arrambide, founder of Day Trading Academy and cofounder of SpeedUpTrader, the best outcome isn't always the best price - he recently happily overpaid by 300% in a negotiation.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The art of negotiation is one of the most valuable skills in life and business. But if it doesn't come naturally, don't worry: Anyone can develop negotiation skills. How? By learning from the best.Here are negotiation tips from 10 master deal-makers and advisors in The Oracles.
1. Let the other person do the talking
2. Meet them halfway
3. Use this five-step framework
4. Use the 'five U's'
5. Make sure everyone wins
6. Focus on emotions
7. Adjust your tone
8. Dig deeper than the bottom line
9. Visualize all the possibilities
10. Remember that the best outcome isn't always the best price
11. Close the deal quickly
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days
- Amazon, Alibaba, Flipkart, Snapdeal and others get an angry letter from India's telecom regulator
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic