11 entrepreneurs and CEOs reveal the best tips for negotiating virtually anything
- Learning how to negotiate - whether in business or life - is one of the most valuable skills you can have. And anyone can develop it.
- These 10 top leaders have done all sorts of successful negotiations. They recommend considering tone, emotions, and compromise in negotiations.
- For Marcello Arrambide, founder of Day Trading Academy and cofounder of SpeedUpTrader, the best outcome isn't always the best price - he recently happily overpaid by 300% in a negotiation.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Here are negotiation tips from 10 master deal-makers and advisors in The Oracles.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 20% OFF
Victorinox Nylon 65 cms Grey Softsided Check-in Luggage (605410)₹ 27714₹ 34640Buy On
- 61% OFF
American Tourister Ivy Polypropylene 68 cms Black Hardsided Check-in Luggage (FO1 (0) 09 002)₹ 3069₹ 7900Buy On
- 62% OFF
Safari Ray Polycarbonate 77 cms Midnight Blue Hardsided Check-in Luggage (RAY 77 4W MIDNIGHT BLUE)₹ 3699₹ 9675Buy On
- 47% OFF
Safari Duo 4W 58 cm, 68 cm and 78 cm Red Softsided Luggage Combo of 3₹ 11140₹ 21195Buy On
- 60% OFF
Safari Ray Polycarbonate 65 cms Midnight Blue Hardsided Check-in Luggage (RAY 67 4W MIDNIGHT BLUE)₹ 2999₹ 7535Buy On
1. Let the other person do the talking
2. Meet them halfway
3. Use this five-step framework
4. Use the 'five U's'
5. Make sure everyone wins
6. Focus on emotions
7. Adjust your tone
8. Dig deeper than the bottom line
9. Visualize all the possibilities
10. Remember that the best outcome isn't always the best price
11. Close the deal quickly
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them
- Tokyo Olympics: Vandana's hat-trick keeps India's quarter final hopes alive in women's hockey
- The Tokyo Olympics are a hive of NFT activity — from pins to moments to artwork