11 tips for managing your anxiety during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a therapist who specializes in anxiety
- Amy Morin is a psychotherapist, licensed clinical social worker, mental strength coach, and international bestselling author.
- Many Americans struggle with anxiety, and for many people it's reaching an all-time high in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Whether you're concerned for the safety of older family members or worried about balancing working from home with a partner or children, here are 11 things you can do to prevent your stress from becoming overwhelming.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If your anxiety is sky high right now, you're not alone. The coronavirus pandemic is affecting our everyday lives in multiple different ways - and things are changing at such a rapid pace that it's impossible to know what to expect next.
Whether your kids are out of school indefinitely, or you're not sure how your small business is going to survive, managing anxiety is key to making the best decisions possible for you and your family. Here are 11 strategies that can help you keep anxiety in check as you deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
1. Create a schedule
2. Limit the time you spend consuming media
3. Choose what media you consume carefully
5. Label your emotions
6. Balance your emotions with logic
7. Argue the opposite
8. Maintain social support
9. Focus on the things you can control
10. Externalize your anxiety
11. Schedule time to worry
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 review: Value champion in the Android smartwatch space
- Best iPhone under ₹30,000
- Best earbuds under ₹1500
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World