5 things millennials are paying for that their parents never would have dreamed of spending money on
- Millennials are spending money on lifestyle choices their parents didn't even dream of.
- Some of these things, like therapy and plastic surgery, were viewed as taboo by baby boomers.
- Others, like egg freezing and the rental economy, only became available or mainstream as millennials came of age.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Millennials are living a life their parents never dreamed of, and it's all because of what they choose to spend their money on.
The generation is paying for things that were previously seen as taboo by their parents, like therapy and plastic surgery. Social media has helped normalize both of these for millennials.
Millennials' are also paying for different lifestyle choices as a result of the economy and technological advancements they grew up in. As this generation waits to have kids at a later age than previous generations, taking time to first find their footing in the world, they're turning to egg freezing to help them delay starting a family.
That's not to mention their preference for renting. From clothing and furniture to hotels and rideshares, millennials have come to prefer non-ownership for its flexibility and ability to let them spend within their means.
Here are five lifestyle choices millennials are paying for that their parents couldn't - or wouldn't - spend money on.
Millennials are more likely to attend therapy than their parents were.
Men and women are turning to plastic surgery at a younger age because of the influence of social media.
Millennials are shelling out big bucks to freeze their eggs so they can delay starting a family.
Millennials don't buy their wardrobe — they rent it.
In fact, they're renting everything.
- Best earphones with heavy bass in India
- With 9.8% growth in H1 2021 revenues, WPP says it has returned to 2019 levels a year ahead of plan
- Gold bond early redemption window opens today — if you don’t need the money now, stay invested
- OnePlus Nord 2 review — catching up to the hype
- Tokyo Olympics: Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat loses in quarterfinals, Anshu Malik ousted in repechage round