A 9-year-old was found safe after jumping onto an airport baggage conveyor belt in Minneapolis
- A 9-year-old rode a
luggageconveyor belt Saturday at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- The belt was stopped, but he crawled onto another one. Within four minutes, he was found uninjured.
DeltaAir Lines and the airport are reviewing the event for safetyand security purposes.
A 9-year-old boy was found uninjured on Saturday shortly after venturing into a prohibited luggage
Police found the unidentified boy and returned him to his family less than five minutes after he crawled through the internal
The boy wandered from a nearly 20-person groupThe boy was part of a group of about 20 people traveling on Saturday, Hogan said in the statement.
The group was checking their bags, and when the adults were distracted, the boy jumped onto the belt, which takes luggage from the ticketing counter to a screening area, Hogan said.A Delta Air Lines employee saw the boy was unable to stop him, Hogan continued. In airport security footage obtained by MPR News, the boy is shown crawling on the moving luggage conveyor belt.
The conveyor belt was stopped, but the boy was able to crawl onto another moving belt, which took him to a checked baggage screening area. There, airport police found the child, Hogan said.According to Hogan, the boy was not injured.
The airport and Delta are investigating the eventThe event has prompted an investigation into the safety and security of luggage collection at the airport.
Hogan said in the statement that the airport is reviewing the event for safety and security purposes.
A spokesperson for Delta Air Lines told Insider that the airline is also investigating the safety of "prohibited areas" at airports."Delta is reviewing the event and working to improve safety by keeping people from wandering into prohibited areas," a spokesperson for Delta Air Lines told Insider.
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall