A mom says she just discovered she's been celebrating her son's birthday on the wrong day in a viral TikTok
- TikTok user Emily Vondrachek shared a viral video on January 12.
- Vondrachek said she celebrated her 3-year-old son's birthday on February 26 instead of February 25.
A Minnesota mother said that she'd been celebrating her 3-year-old son's birthday on the wrong date for two years.
Emily Vondrachek shared a TikTok video on January 12, which at the time of writing garnered 3.9 million views and over 21,000 comments. The video also sparked a relatable conversation about parenting in the comments.
The mom of four told her followers she celebrated her son's birthday on February 26, instead of on his actual birthday, February 25.
In the video which includes the hashtags "mom brain" and "mom fail " in the caption, Vondrachek said the mix-up came to light with the help of her insurance company.
@thevondyfam How’s your day going? #momfail #mombrain #parenting101 #sahm ♬ original sound - Emily Vondy
"Here's a little story to allow all the moms of little ones out there to maybe feel a little better about yourselves," Vondrachek said. "Here's a real confidence boost for you."
Vondrachek said she was on the phone with her son's pediatrician after they had trouble billing the 3-year-old's recent appointment.
"She's trying to bill our last visit to our insurance company. Per my words, my son's birthday is the 26th. I'm his mother. I know his birthday," she said,
However, Vondrachek said she learned that her insurance company was on the money regarding the date.
"So I'm about to call my insurance company to let them have it and I say maybe I should scroll back [on] Facebook to look at the birth announcement years ago to make sure," Vondrachek said.
She continued: "I just got done doing that, and his birthday is indeed, on the 25th."
The video featured a small screenshot of the Facebook post to show the date. She added that the "worst part" about the blunder was that her son is a middle child.
"I love my kids, okay?" she said. "They might not have their birthday celebration on the right day, but they celebrate it the next!"
Vondrachek did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
In the comments section, some shared similar stories about their family members.
"I got flustered one day when someone said I had a handsome baby boy and asked his name. I said Ron. Her name is Harper. It's hard out here," one comment read.
"My grandpa passed away when he was 100. We realized when we were completing his obituary that he'd been celebrating the wrong date all 100 yrs," another read.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day