A private pilot has offered a free round trip to Austin to a family who were booted off a Southwest Airlines flight, after their toddler couldn't keep his mask on
- A Facebook video shows a family being kicked off a Southwest flight over a mask incident.
- The family was told to leave when their toddler refused to keep his mask on.
- A private pilot and old friend learned of the incident and offered them a free flight.
Earlier this month, a family was ordered to leave a Southwest
Now, a Good Samaritan has stepped in to help them reach their intended destination at no extra cost, The New York Post reported.
Erik Harvey, his wife Michelle, and their toddler Jackson were all ready to fly from Denver to
Aware of the federal regulations for all flight passengers over the age of two, the parents knew their son was required to cover his face for the duration of the flight.
"I practiced with him at least two or three times at the house and every time he threw it off, but I figured that [Southwest] would work with us on the plane because he's 2," Michelle Harvey told Fox 7.
When the family boarded the flight, Jackson was wearing his mask. "Everything was going swimmingly ... until it wasn't. That's when Jackson threw off the mask and "was done wearing it."
"The flight attendant comes over and she says, 'Ma'am he's not wearing his mask, you're gonna have to leave the plane,'" Erik Harvey said.
James Peck, an old friend and private pilot, spotted a social media video about the family's experience and decided to offer them a private flight to Austin at no cost, per Fox 7.
"I knew that I could use that as a great excuse to go take a flight and help them out and get them here," Peck said. He has even offered to fly the Harveys back to Denver after their trip ends.
Acknowledging the selfless deed, Harvey told Fox News: "The miracles will come to you, things will show up, and that Good Samaritan will show up."
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- How India’s soaring inflation puts more burden on the common man's pockets
- Gene Drives: The advanced sci-fi technology to fight malaria mosquito explained
- Top brokerages split over Paytm — Macquarie sees Paytm at ₹450, ICICI Securities at ₹1,285
- The pandemic created 62 new ‘food’ billionaires and the Ukraine war will make them richer
- Saudi Arabia bans citizens from flying to India due to re-emergence of Covid-19