A TikToker transformed a regular cake into an amazing koi pond, and it looks too beautiful to eat
- TikToker @lovesicksami posted a video that shows how she decorated a
cakelike a koi pond.
- The cake shows koi fish inside a gelatin-like edible"pond" she made with agar-agar powder.
- She cut a large chunk off of a round cake to make room for the pond and filled it with fish.
A TikToker is racking up millions of views on a video showing how she turned a regular cake into an edible koi pond.
"This is truly a work of art" one user commented, "it looks too beautiful to eat."
"At first I was like WHO CUTS A CAKE LIKE THAT and then it turned into a masterpiece," wrote another.
The TikToker begins the video by cutting a chunk off of a regular round cake.
Then she covers the cake in what appears to be green icing before wrapping the cake in a clear, plastic sheet.
She crafts little koi fish and rocks out of what looks like fondant and places them on the wrapped-up cake before filling the sheet with a blue liquid that settles. She layers the fish and rocks between pours of liquid.
The gelatin-like texture comes from agar-agar powder, the cake decorator wrote in the comments. Agar-agar powder is plant-based gelatin that comes from seaweed, and you can find it at local grocery stores for around $10.
The TikToker removes the sheet she wrapped the cake in once the edible pond settles. She finishes the cake with details like lily pads, rocks, and green moss.
@lovesicksami did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Finance minister holds pre-budget stakeholder consultation with BJP functionaries
- Amazon Sale: Best deals on kitchen items and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops
- Section 144 in Mumbai
- Elon Musk
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022