Alaska Airlines released an '80s-style 'Safety Dance' music video about flying in the coronavirus-era
Courtesy of Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlinesmade an '80s dance video in conjunction with ad agency Mekanism about keeping passengers safe from the coronaviruswhile flying.
- The song in the video is a parody of the 1983 Men Without Hats hit "Safety Dance," with lyrics that explain coronavirus-era flight procedures, like "If your friends don't mask—why don't they mask?—well they won't fly this
- The video repeats the importance of wearing a mask and washing your hands while traveling several times. "We created this campaign to shine a spotlight on the numerous safety procedures that matter most right now," Laura Wimer, Mekanism's executive creative director, told Insider.
- The dancers are all airline employees, and some are on the Alaska Flight Attendant Drill Team. They learned the moves using videos of the choreography and had an 8-hour dress rehearsal the day before filming, according to the company's blog.
- Wimer said the video highlights the airline's "best asset: the Alaska Airlines employees and their undeniable spirit." Natalie Bowman, the airline's managing director of marketing and advertising, told Insider that the airline has the "raddest employees in the
Popular on BI
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Unacademy founder Gaurav Munjal says its job hiring platform will see no layoffs
- Markets to open slightly lower on US Fed signals of more rates hikes
- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Last day to subscribe, grey market premiums at ₹25
- Hit and earn: Indian cricket fans can win as much as $500 a day playing cricket in the metaverse
- Indians are buying more pre-owned cars: Scorpio, Fortuner among the top picks