Amazon is now selling puzzles that are entirely one color and made up of 1,000 'micro' pieces
- Puzzles have seen a surge in popularity as many people have been spending more time at home.
- The latest jigsaw puzzle trend involves games with tons of pieces that are entirely one color.
- Two 1,000-piece puzzles on Amazon have left people intrigued and baffled, including one that's all white and another that's solid black.
- Other brands, including condiment-maker Heinz, have also recently launched mind-bending, solid-colored puzzles.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Many people are finding joy in comforting pastimes, like working on jigsaw puzzles, while spending time at home.
In fact, sales of the classic games have seen a surge in popularity recently. According to Marketplace podcast, puzzle sales were up 370% at the beginning of April.Some companies that make puzzles have gotten creative with their offerings, and the latest puzzle to baffle and entertain potential buyers and internet-goers is one from Amazon, manufactured by a company known as Beverly. It has 1,000 pieces that are all white.Advertisement
The white-colored puzzle is sold out from Amazon at the time of writing, but there's an accompanying one from the same brand that's solid black, which retails for $31 at the time of writing.One Amazon user who left a review of the 1,000-piece black-colored puzzle wrote that the pieces contain patterns on the back that can help give players a clue as to where they might fit.
Another user pointed out that the puzzle's described "micro" pieces make it even more challenging.As if these puzzles aren't time-consuming enough, there are other ones on the market that have left people intrigued — including one from Kodak, which claims to be the "world's largest puzzle" containing 51,300 pieces and retails for about $600 on the photo company's website.Condiment brand Heinz also hopped on the puzzle trend. Earlier in May, the Canadian division of the ketchup-maker launched a red puzzle with 570 pieces. The mind-boggling puzzles aren't for sale, but were part of a giveaway contest hosted by the brand, according to AdWeek.Advertisement
—Heinz Ketchup (@HeinzKetchup_US) May 5, 2020
- Read more:
- 17 of the best online games to play as a family
- These 6 quarantine-themed puzzles will keep you entertained during lockdown — see if you can solve them all
- From Baby Yoda to 'Harry Potter,' these are the best puzzles to do at home
- SpaceX sends 2 NASA astronauts to ISS in historic mission (2nd Ld)
- NASA and SpaceX blast off to space station
- Assam crosses 1,200-mark in COVID-19 with 159 new cases
- Nine deaths take Rajasthan's COVID-19 toll to 193; total cases 8,617
- Coronavirus cases cross 300-mark in Himachal as 18 more test positive; 24 recover