Amy Schumer said she had her cheek fillers removed and thought she looked like Maleficent with them
- Amy Schumer said in an Instagram post on Monday that she had her cheek fillers removed.
- The actress said she "was already full" and looked like Maleficent with them.
Amy Schumer is opening up about her experience with face fillers.
The comedian posted a no-makeup selfie on Instagram Monday that showed her with white cream slathered across her cheeks. In the caption of her post, she said she "tried getting fillers" but later decided to have them removed.
She also thanked Dr. Jodi LoGerfo, who performed the procedure for her.
"Turns out I was already full," Schumer said. "Thank God you can dissolve them. I looked like #malificent."
On LoGerfo's Instagram page, the dermatologist shared more insight into the process of removing face fillers.
"Using dermal filler can be a wonderful way to replace lost volume and enhance the face, but filler placement is extremely important," LoGerfo wrote.
"@amyschumer came to me after having filler elsewhere and we decided that where the filler was placed, was not ideal, so we dissolved it! ," she added. "Dissolving filler is a very simple and quick treatment. I injected hyaluronidase (an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid) to dissolve it!"
Of course, Schumer isn't the only celebrity to dislike facial procedures like fillers.
In October 2020, the music legend Stevie Nicks said Botox temporarily "destroyed" her face and made her look like "Satan's angry daughter."
"Let me tell you, Botox only makes you look like you're in a satanic cult," Nicks told The Guardian at the time. "I only had it once and it destroyed my face for four months."
The musician added: "I would look in the mirror and try and lift my eyebrow and go: 'Oh, there you are, Satan's angry daughter.' Never again. I watch a lot of news and I see all the lady newscasters looking like Satan's angry daughters, too."
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes