An $85 million mansion in one of America's most expensive ZIP codes is poised to shatter the area's real-estate record - take a look inside
- According to Mansion Global, a sprawling San Francisco-area home located in one of the country's most expensive ZIP codes just hit the market for $85 million, making it the priciest listing in the region.
- The home takes the title from 950 Lombard, which is still on the market after a price cut lowered the listing to $40.5 million. The city's current real-estate record is $38 million - whichever property sells first will shatter the record.
- The recently-listed property, which is just north of San Francisco in Ross, sits on a five-acre lot and features a main house, a pool house, and a caretaker's house, according to the listing.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Bay Area housing market is bleak.As Business Insider previously reported, even tech workers (who are generally paid well) say they are being priced out. And yet, extravagant properties just keep hitting the market.
That price tag makes it the most expensive current listing in the area. It is currently priced at more than double the area's real-estate record. The home that holds the record was initially listed for $42 million and ultimately sold for $38 million. Another home, 950 Lombard, has been on track to break the record at its current reduced $40.5 million asking price, as previously reported by Business Insider.The $85 million listing is held by Neal Ward and Glen Williams of Compass. Keep reading for a look at the five-acre property.
If the property sells for anywhere near the asking price of $85 million, it will dwarf the current San Francisco-area real-estate record of $38 million.
The home has nine bedrooms and 14 bathrooms. It also has four fireplaces scattered throughout the main residence.Advertisement
In addition to a pool house that doubles as a guest house, there is also a caretaker's house on the property.
The sprawling outdoor area includes a terrace with a pergola, a pool deck, a tennis court, a bocce ball court, and a labyrinth.Advertisement
The entire property, which covers five acres, is lined with oak and magnolia trees.
- Sanofi, GSK to supply COVAX with 200 mn doses of COVID-19 vaccine (Ld)
- After Bihar, now BJP promises free Corona vaccine in MP
- Sanofi, GSK to support COVAX with 200mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India