An architect designed luxury 'treehouse hotels' towering above a remote forest in a medieval Austrian ski town - here's a closer look
Courtesy Peter Pichler Architecture
- Milan-based architecture firm Peter Pichler has proposed a design for a series of wooden treehouse hotel suites in Kitzbühel, Austria.
- Kitzbühel is a ritzy ski town in the Alps, best known for hosting one of the world's toughest downhill ski races.
- The "tree suites" will be elevated above the surrounding forest by latticed wooden structures and accessible by glass elevator.
- Peter Pichler Architecture designed the suites to help guests slow down, live in the moment, and reconnect with nature.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you've ever dreamt of sleeping in a treehouse, look no further.Peter Pichler Architecture, a Milan-based firm, has come up with the ultimate luxury "treehouse" stay. As part of a 7-star hotel project, their team has proposed a series of latticed, wooden "tree suites" elevated above a remote forest in the ritzy Austrian ski town of Kitzbühel.Advertisement
Here's an early look at the design:
Kitzbühel is a ritzy ski resort with a medieval town center located between Salzburg and Innsbruck in the Austrian Alps.
As part of a new 7-star hotel project in Kitzbühel, Peter Pichler Architecture has proposed a design for luxury "tree suites" that rise above the surrounding forest.Advertisement
Each suite will be accessible by a glass elevator, hidden in the wooden latticed structure on which the suites are elevated.
By day, the suites' latticed exterior will create a "playful effect of light and shadows." By night, they will glow in the forest.Advertisement
The suites' design is intended to help guests slow down and reconnect with nature.
- On World Tourism Day, India’s Oil Minister asks prime tourist cities in the country to completely switch to clean fuels
- President Ram Nath Kovind approves all three farm bills which have been the reason for farmers' protests across the country
- Four Delhi cops face heat for misreporting drug seizure
- Former union minister Jaswant Singh passes away at 82
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine