An Uber driver says she more than doubled her monthly tips to $2,600 after swapping her Toyota Camry for a Tesla Model 3
Uberdriver who swapped her ToyotaCamry for a TeslaModel 3 said she'd doubled her tips as a result.
- Heidi Barnes told Bloomberg that customers were "a lot more generous" now she's in a Model 3.
An Uber driver who swapped her Toyota Camry for a Tesla Model 3 said she'd more than doubled her monthly tips as a result.
"Usually I'm lucky to get $1 to $3 tips but it's now $10 or $15, sometimes consecutively," the driver, Heidi Barnes, told Bloomberg.
Barnes said she made $2,600 in tips during a 25-day period of driving the Tesla. She usually made around $800 to $1,000 over the same period in her Camry, she said.
"They're a lot more generous," Barnes said of her customers, per Bloomberg.
Barnes, who drives mostly around Los Angeles, is one of nearly 15,000 Uber drivers to have leased a Tesla since the company signed a deal with the car rental firm Hertz in October 2021, per Bloomberg. Uber also offers drivers a $1-per-ride zero-emissions incentive if they opt for an electric car.
The Tesla promotion has coincided with a time when
In June, a gallon of gas cost more than $5 on average across the US. It has since fallen to around $4.80, but is well above the $3.10 average at same point last year, per the American Automobile Association. California has seen some of the highest price increases, with some gas stations charging $6.20 a gallon.
Barnes told Bloomberg she swapped her Toyota for the Tesla because the cost of filling up the Toyota jumped from around $60 to $100.
She said it costs her around $450 a month to run the Tesla, including lease costs and charging, compared with around $600 for fueling the Toyota alone, per Bloomberg.
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Delhi govt departments to hire 17,256 people via direct recruitment
- Abductors accept ₹1.3 cr in Bitcoins as ransom in UP bizman kidnapping case
- 150 cartons of chocolate worth ₹17 lakh stolen from a Lucknow godown
- Adani Group gets nod to invest $500 mn for wind power projects in Sri Lanka
- Indian semiconductor component market will be worth $300 billion in 2026: report