Barbie just released a $75 Queen Elizabeth doll to honor her 70 years on the throne, and it's already selling out
Barbiehas released a Queen Elizabeth doll to mark her 70 years on the throne.
- The doll retails at $75 and was released on the Queen's 96th birthday on Thursday.
The doll is dressed in an ivory ballgown and a tiara that was inspired by the Queen Mary's Fringe tiara, according to the press release. The doll also wears the Queen's iconic blue sash, also known as a riband.
The look wasn't inspired by any particular outfit worn by Her Majesty, according to Robert Best, senior director of Barbie design. In a statement sent to Insider, Best said it was inspired more generally "by the style and color of gown that she's favored in royal portraits of herself for the past several years."
"If you look at those portraits or how she dresses for important events, she very much has a signature style and look – always a very simple design in white or ivory, which makes sense given that she must then wear all the accompanying jewelry and sash as befits her rank," he said.
The packaging of the box has been designed to replicate Buckingham Palace's throne room, according to the press release, which states that it was designed that way for those "who may want to keep the doll in her box to preserve its collectible value."
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India