Bermuda has partnered with Costco for $140 pre-travel COVID-19 tests - see how it works
Bermudahas teamed up with Costcoto distribute COVID-19 tests for people looking to travelto the island.
- Soon-to-be Bermuda travelers need to have a negative PCR
coronavirustest within five days of arriving on the island.
- Costco and Azova Health's $140 self-administered saliva tests have a five-day test result turnaround time.
Like other tourism hotspots around the world, Bermuda has recently seen a surge in coronavirus cases, and currently has a total of 624 confirmed cases, according to data from the World Health Organization.As a result, on December 21, the US issued an advisory to "reconsider travel" to Bermuda. And as of now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends avoiding travel to island and has classified Bermuda under its highest Level Four category for COVID-19.
In order to travel to Bermuda, a soon-to-be traveler 10-years-old or older must receive a negative PCR
The island is the
Accessing a testing kit is easy. Tests ordered online are shipped overnight to the test taker's home. After the kit is registered and the sample is taken during a remote "sample collection observation" with Azova, the kit can be sent overnight to a lab. After the lab receives the sample, the result will be available within 12 to 48 hours.
These results can then be shared with Bermuda's public health figures on the travel authorization portal.Read more: Warren Buffett expert John Longo explains why Berkshire Hathaway plowed billions into pharma stocks, exited Costco, and ramped up share buybacks last quarter
"This is fantastic
This isn't the only effort Bermuda's government agencies have taken to promote travel to the island. Bermuda has also partnered with OpenClear to give soon-to-be island travelers based in New York City quicker access to COVID-19 tests for testing results within 12 hours, according to OpenClear's website.
- Public to be allowed to watch Karna assembly budget session
- Delhi Assembly's budget session to begin on March 8
- Patanjali’s Acharya Balkrishna is the biggest loser on Hurun’s Rich List of Indian billionaires
- Delhi CM announces Sharman Joshi-starrer movie 'Fauji Calling' tax free in Delhi
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Joe Root, and Kyle Mayers shortlist for ICC's Player of the month