Bryce Dallas Howard wore a secondhand dress and shoes she already owned to the Golden Globes
- Bryce Dallas Howard wore an ombré dress to present at the 2021 Golden Globes on Sunday.
- The actress said on Instagram that she bought the sequined gown secondhand on The Real Real.
- Howard paired the Temperley London dress with Alexander McQueen pumps she already owned.
On Sunday, the actress and director, who presented at the awards show, wore a sequined Temperley London dress with metallic sequins that faded to a red color. She wrote on Instagram that she bought the gown on The Real Real, a website that sells authenticated luxury secondhand clothes, shoes, and accessories."As many of you know, I love the sustainability of consignment fashion and often find secondhand pieces for press," she captioned her photo.
Howard added that she paired the ombré dress with magenta Alexander McQueen pumps that she's had in her closet for years.
In the same Instagram post, she added that she also did her own hair and makeup with "virtual direction" from hairstylist Jason Low and makeup artist Vivian Baker. She attended the award show ceremony to present the best director, motion picture, which was awarded to "Nomadland" director Chloé Zhao.
Howard has bought secondhand red-carpet outfits beforeHoward has been vocal in the past about wearing secondhand clothes to red-carpet events in the name of sustainability.
While attending the 2019 Cannes Film Festival to promote her film "Rocketman," Howard wrote on Instagram that she was only going to wear "consigned and previously owned pieces," which she had also purchased on The Real Real at the time."For several years now, I've relied on @therealreal religiously to both buy and consign my own clothes. So for this @rocketmanmovie press tour, I challenged myself to exclusively dress in consigned and previously owned pieces," she wrote at the time. For the film event, she wore a purple Ralph Lauren dress, Smoke x Mirrors sunglasses, and Manolo Blahnik pointed-toe shoes that were all secondhand pieces.
Some of Howard's other red-carpet looks have included pieces that she purchased at department stores.
For example, at the 2016 Golden Globes, Howard wore a Jenny Packham gown that she bought at Neiman Marcus. The floor-length blue gown had a black lace overlay and belted detail."I like having lots of options for a size six as opposed to maybe one option," Howard told Giuliana Rancic during the E! red carpet event before the show in 2016, according to Time. "So I always go to department stores for this kind of stuff."
Representatives for The Real Real, Temperley London, and Bryce Dallas Howard did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC