Controversial TikToker Zoe Laverne says she's pregnant and will livestream a pregnancy test to prove it
- Zoe Laverne is a 19-year-old TikTok star with nearly 18 million followers.
- Laverne says she's pregnant and that her current 20-year-old boyfriend is the father.
- In 2020, she admitted to kissing and "catching feelings" for a 13-year-old fan of hers.
A controversial TikTok star who admitted to kissing an underage fan has announced her pregnancy with her current 20-year-old boyfriend.
19-year-old Zoe Laverne, who has nearly 18 million followers and was ranked the seventh most-hated influencer in an Insider poll, made the announcement on the social media platform.Laverne posted an image showing two positive pregnancy tests and told her followers that she and her current boyfriend Dawson Day, 20, are having a baby together.
"You are going to be such a great daddy," Laverne captioned her Instagram pregnancy announcement, a selfie of her and Day. "Thank you for changing my life so much and making me the happiest girl on earth."
surprise!! i’m so excited♬ original sound - James Blake
Laverne, who has become known for causing controversy on the platform, has already addressed critics who say she's faking the pregnancy, even going so far as to say she would take a pregnancy test while live streaming.The expectant father has also addressed Laverne's previous scandal with the 13-year-old fan who appears in pictures on Day's Instagram. The three appear to still be in contact online and the young fan liked Laverne's pregnancy announcement post.
"Well... we're expecting," Day wrote. "& for the idiots talking s--- I am the father. Zoe and Connor didn't do anything to have a baby. That's impossible. And if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. That's disgusting and a real low blow to talk s--- ab an unborn child. It's sickening."
Laverne caused controversy in 2020 when she admitted to kissing and "catching feelings for" a 13-year-old fan named Connor, an admission that sparked a conversation around consent and minors online. Because of this, the response to her pregnancy announcement has largely been negative. Laverne's critics say she has a reputation as a child "groomer," which refers to building "a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person" in order to "manipulate, exploit and abuse them," according to the UK's National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
Laverne has repeatedly denied that she "groomed" Connor and says if she did anything illegal, she'd be in jail. She said she and the 13-year-old both decided their actions were "wrong" after a video leaked of the two of them kissing. Laverne's former best friend also described her relationship with the fan as "pedophilia" in leaked direct messages.
Laverne didn't respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal says COVID-19 positivity rate has gone up to 30%, only 100 ICU beds left