Delta passenger says airline charged her daughter $1,100 after a booking error and then lost her wedding attire just weeks later
- A woman has recounted two separate horror stories her daughter experienced on Delta within a month.
- In a Facebook post, Donna Partow said Delta charged Leah $1,100 after a booking error.
Delta lost a passenger's wedding attire after making her check them in, just weeks after wrongly charging her more than $1,100 to fly following a booking error, her mother has said.
In two separate posts on social media, Donna Partow recounted the trials her daughter Leah has experienced flying with Delta that encapsulate this summer's travel chaos.
In a Facebook post on 29 June, Partow said she was flying with her daughter from Jacksonville, Florida to Bogota, with stops at Atlanta and Miami, at the start of June.
After being told that their Miami flight would need to be rebooked due to bad weather, Partow and her daughter was put on a direct flight from Atlanta to Bogota at what they were told was no extra cost.
But when they arrived at the airport, Partow says her daughter was told that she hadn't been booked on the flight, and would have to pay $1,126 despite having a confirmation email and even a seat number.
"We were falsely accused of refusing to pay and told we could not travel on the flight," Partow said. "To say the woman was vicious and cruel would be an understatement. She clearly was delighted to be inflicting such mental anguish on us. I've never experienced anything like it in decades of international travel."
Partow paid the charge on her credit card, and as of the end of June was still trying to get a refund.
In another incident on July 27, Partow tweeted that Delta had made her check in her wedding attire, including her veil, shoes, clutch bag, jewellery, and makeup. However, the airline then lost the items, along with all her fiance's bags, Partow said.
—Donna Partow (@donnapartow) July 27, 2022
A Delta spokesperson said: "We regret to learn of the experience described by this customer during her recent travels with Delta. We are in direct contact to better understand what transpired."
- Noida-based LED IKIO Lighting files DRHP with SEBI to raise ₹350 crore
- Electronics Mart India IPO set to open on Oct 4; commands grey market premium of ₹30/share
- Twitter is going the TikTok way with a new full-screen video feature
- Sensex, Nifty fall over 1% on weak global trends
- Prosus terminates $4.7 bn deal to acquire BillDesk
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World