Disney will lay off 28,000 workers as the pandemic continues to ravage its theme park business
- Disney will lay off 28,000 workers from its parks, experiences, and products business, the company said on Tuesday.
- The layoffs come as Disney's California parks remain closed. Other locations, including in Orlando, Florida, have reopened with limited capacity.
- Disney's parks contributed more than one-third of the company's revenue in 2019.
The layoffs come as the company's Anaheim, California parks — California Adventure and
Disney's parks, experiences, and consumer products segment — which incorporates its sprawling theme park business — accounted for 37% of Disney's $69.6 billion in revenue in 2019, more than any other business unit.Disney reported a $4.72 billion loss for the second quarter, its first quarterly loss in almost 20 years, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Night curfew hours extended in UP's Lucknow, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Kanpur City, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Shravasti and Moradabad districts
- Around 1,700 people test positive for COVID-19 in Hardiwar Kumbh Mela from April 10-14
- COVID-19: These are the most affected cities in India with the highest number of cases
- ISRO partners with France to launch India's first human spaceflight mission Gaganyaan
- Total TV Owning Households grew by 6.9% to reach 210 million in 2020: BARC Report