Durte Dom, former member of David Dobrik's Vlog Squad, responds to rape allegation for the first time

Durte Dom, former member of David Dobrik's Vlog Squad, responds to rape allegation for the first time
Dom Zeglaitis attends the grand opening of the Museum Of Selfies on March 29, 2018 in Glendale, California.Paul Archuleta/Getty Images
  • Former Vlog Squad member Dominykas Zeglaitis, known as Durte Dom, responded to a rape allegation.
  • Zeglaitis was accused of rape last month by a woman who said she was too intoxicated to consent.
  • Zeglaitis apologized to the woman but said "as far as I am concerned" the encounter was consensual.

Former Vlog Squad member Dominykas Zeglaitis, known as Durte Dom, has broken his silence on the sexual assault allegations made against him.

Last month, Insider's Kat Tenbarge reported that a woman who appeared in a 2018 video on David Dobrik's channel accused Zeglaitis of rape by engaging in sexual activity with her while she was too incapacitated by alcohol to give consent. The alleged rape occurred the night the vlog was filmed.

Zeglaitis did not respond to the allegations and stopped posting on social media before making a return to TikTok last week.
Advertisement
This weekend, Zeglaitis addressed the allegations for the first time in a statement posted to an Instagram story in which he apologized to the woman who accused him but said the encounter was consensual.

Zeglaitis's Instagram is set to private, so you must follow him to see it.

Read more: A woman featured on YouTube star David Dobrik's channel says she was raped by a Vlog Squad member in 2018 the night they filmed a video about group sex
Advertisement

"It is time to address the recent allegations that have come out against me. I want to sincerely apologize directly to the women involved in this incident," the statement said. "With that being said, as far as I am concerned, everything that occurred during the night in question was completely consensual."

He said some of the statements that have been made about him are "entirely misleading" and are "unfairly defaming and assaulting my character and reputation." He also said he wants to "shed a positive light" on what happened and "show the world who I truly am." "I recently donated my time as well as thousands of dollars to several women's rights groups to show my support for the unjustified and unnecessary struggles that women endure in our society on a daily basis," Zeglaitis said.
Advertisement

Following Insider's reporting on the allegations, Dobrik, the hugely popular YouTuber and Vlog Squad leader, released two apology videos, saying that he does not "stand for any kind of misconduct." He also distanced himself from Zeglaitis and said he stopped filming with him in 2019, but did not give a reason.

{{}}