Durte Dom, former member of David Dobrik's Vlog Squad, responds to rape allegation for the first time
Vlog Squadmember Dominykas Zeglaitis, known as Durte Dom, responded to a rapeallegation.
- Zeglaitis was accused of rape last month by a woman who said she was too intoxicated to consent.
- Zeglaitis apologized to the woman but said "as far as I am concerned" the encounter was consensual.
Former Vlog Squad member Dominykas Zeglaitis, known as Durte Dom, has broken his silence on the
Last month, Insider's Kat Tenbarge reported that a woman who appeared in a 2018 video on
Zeglaitis's Instagram is set to private, so you must follow him to see it.Read more: A woman featured on YouTube star David Dobrik's channel says she was raped by a Vlog Squad member in 2018 the night they filmed a video about group sex
"It is time to address the recent allegations that have come out against me. I want to sincerely apologize directly to the women involved in this incident," the statement said. "With that being said, as far as I am concerned, everything that occurred during the night in question was completely consensual."He said some of the statements that have been made about him are "entirely misleading" and are "unfairly defaming and assaulting my character and reputation." He also said he wants to "shed a positive light" on what happened and "show the world who I truly am." "I recently donated my time as well as thousands of dollars to several women's rights groups to show my support for the unjustified and unnecessary struggles that women endure in our society on a daily basis," Zeglaitis said.
Following Insider's reporting on the allegations, Dobrik, the hugely popular YouTuber and Vlog Squad leader, released two apology videos, saying that he does not "stand for any kind of misconduct." He also distanced himself from Zeglaitis and said he stopped filming with him in 2019, but did not give a reason.
- COVID-19: India's daily active cases cross 4 lakh, records 3,980 fatalities in a day
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis