Elon Musk says Tesla will roll out Full Self-Driving beta in Canada 'cautiously' within the next month. He first predicted in 2020 that it would be out 'very soon.'
TeslaCEO Elon Musksaid Full Self-Driving beta will roll out in Canadain two to four weeks.
- Musk first forecast in 2020 that Tesla would release
FSD betain Canada "very soon."
Elon Musk said Sunday that Tesla will roll out its Full Self-Driving (FSD) beta software in Canada within the next month.
"We will start rolling out
The Tesla CEO first predicted in a tweet in December 2020 that the FSD beta would be extended to Canada "very soon."
Musk tweeted in November 2021 that FSD beta would maybe go live in Canada the following month but there were "no guarantees."
He added that the FSD software required a lot of testing and code tweaks for a different road system in Canada compared to the US.
FSD allows Tesla's
The timeline update on FSD release in Canada follows Musk's announcement in early January about Tesla raising the price of FSD software from $10,000 to $12,000.
FSD beta is currently available in the US — Tesla released a new FSD version, called the 10.3 update, to drivers in October. Less than 24 hours later, Musk tweeted the company would roll back to version 10.2. because it was "seeing some issues."
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day