Fashion Nova's animal-print halter top with a built-in mask has rave reviews, but not everyone is sold
Fashion Novais selling a two-piece set that comes with an animal-print halter top and matching pants for $39.99.
- The included shirt also doubles as a face mask, as its neckline can extend above the mouth and nose.
- TikTok users have questioned the garment, and said they worry that they could smell their own sweat by wearing it.
- On Fashion Nova's website, however, the mask-shirt combo has received numerous glowing reviews.
The online fashion retailer is now selling a $39.99 set that comes with a blue, animal-print halter top and matching pants. The shirt also doubles as a face mask, with a neckline that can extend above the mouth and nose.
Though the set was originally sold in sizes small through extra large, the item is only available in extra small and small at the time of writing.
On TikTok, some people have questioned the multipurpose shirt — specifically, what would happen if you sweat while wearing it. Others said it reminded them of outfits worn by characters from the "Mortal Kombat" video-game series.
"Let's all just be 'Mortal Kombat' characters for Halloween," one person commented underneath a video about the set.
"Immediately no," another person wrote.
"They'll be smelling all their sweat," another TikTok user said.
On Fashion Nova's website, however, the garment has received numerous rave reviews.
"I was skeptical at first of this outfit but decided to give it a try," a reviewer wrote. "I'm glad I did. It fits really good and it isn't as see through as I thought it would be."
"This two-piece set is fireee baby — y'all need this for the summer," another person wrote.
The set's page on Fashion Nova's website does not list any information about how much protection the built-in mask can offer. However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public spaces where keeping a distance of six feet from others is difficult.
As Insider's Anna Medaris Miller wrote, "medical
Representatives for Fashion Nova did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts