Futuristic Mercedes doesn't have a steering wheel
VisionAVTR is a futuristic concept car from Mercedes-Benz
- The vehicle features no steering wheel, and instead is controlled by an interactive joystick.
- It was inspired by the alien creatures and vehicles found in James Cameron's film "
Following is a transcript of the
Narrator: This here is the Vision AVTR, Mercedes' futuristic concept car inspired by the movie "Avatar." The car replaces multiple basic controls in the pursuit to be more connected to the driver, like switching out the steering wheel and pedals for an interactive joystick-like controller on the center console. Here's what it's like inside the symbiotic concept.
Inside the AVTR, the car comes to life when the driver puts their hand on the central control pad. The device is used by drivers to accelerate, brake, and turn the car. The pad itself vibrates and pulsates like a heartbeat in order to mimic a living, breathing animal. Instead of a dashboard or infotainment screen, the front of the cabin features one giant curved display module that projects real-time footage of the road ahead. You can even choose for it to light up with 3D graphics of Pandora, the fictional world from the 2009 film "Avatar." In order to access the car's different features, take your hand off the center pad, and a menu of controls is projected onto your palm that you can cycle through with gestures.
The car's body uses Mercedes' same one-bow design, like many of the automaker's other
Despite being a show car, the
The AVTR's battery cell takes eco-friendly to another level. Unlike modern EV batteries made from toxic metals like lithium and cobalt, this concept's battery is graphene-based, making it recyclable through composting. The battery also has a high-energy density, making it capable of being fully charged in 15 minutes. It's good for the environment and convenient for drivers, but still requires a lot of research before this technology is applied to modern cars. And while we don't expect anything close to this car in the near, or even distant future, some influencers got a chance to test-drive the concept earlier this year for the first time.
- Best weighing machine under ₹500
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Germany Visa
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- Bank Loan
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World