Heidi Klum spontaneously cut her own bangs, but warned viewers it is 'clearly not a how-to video'
- Heidi Klum shared her latest hairstyle in an Instagram video.
- The supermodel apologized to her hairstylists before using a razor and scissors to trim her front pieces.
- Klum said she cut her bangs after her husband, Tom Kaulitz, said he liked "long hair with bangs."
Heidi Klum cut her bangs in a spur-of-the-moment style switch and cheekily warned her fans, "don't try this at home."
This week, the supermodel shared the DIY chop with her 7.9 million followers in an Instagram video. She said the decision was inspired by her husband, Tokio Hotel's Tom Kaulitz, who weighed in on his favorite style.
Klum reportedly began dating Kaulitz in 2018 and later got engaged that December after a year of dating. The couple got married in February 2019.
"I just asked my husband what his favorite hairstyle was and he said long hair with bangs...after I just grew mine out," said Klum, 47, in the video. "Let's give it a try!"
Klum donned a white robe while she stood inside her bathroom and began snipping away. She offered an apology to her hairstylists, Wendy Isles and Lorenzo Martin.
"Sorry Wendy! Sorry Lorenzo! The husband should get what the husband wants," said Klum.
The video showed a montage of the process, which included Klum rummaging for the correct scissors, cutting part of her bangs too short, stopping for a quick snack, and reminding herself to "not cut the lashes."
"He better notice this when he comes home tonight," Klum joked, before adding: "This is clearly not a how-to video. Don't try this at home."
On Saturday, Klum shared an Instagram photo of her new bangs with the simple caption, "Bang-Bang."
According to People, both Isles and Martin were shocked by the sudden hair change. Klum shared screenshots of their conversation over direct message in her Instagram Stories.
"You didn't," wrote Isles, while Martin shared the crying emoji. Martin later gave his stamp of approval and sent the fire emoji.
- Quantum Computing Explained
- 10 Foods you should avoid eating in breakfast
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue