Here's how to see your personalized 'Year on TikTok' report
TikTokhas rolled out its first personalized year in review feature.
- Users can get their own "Year on TikTok" report by navigating to the #YearOnTikTok hashtag in the app and clicking the link.
- The report provides personalized information regarding your viewing (and liking) tendencies, from top special effects, to sounds, to "vibes."
Following in the retrospective tradition of platforms like Spotify and even Snapchat, TikTok has launched its own personalized "Year on TikTok" report that shows users the audio tracks, effects, and "vibes" that they were into in 2020.
While TikTok recently launched a top 100 list that outlined some of the platform's top creators, videos, memes, and songs of 2020, this "Year on TikTok" report is tailored to the individual. It catalogs your most-liked special effect, comment activity, content-sharing tendencies, most-viewed audio, music genres, and "vibes" - terms like "music maker," "dance legend," or "ultimate fan." According to TikTok, the report draws on data up to December 5.
In order to access your "Year on TikTok" report, you need to have the latest version of the TikTok app, according to a TikTok blog post announcing the new feature. If you're up to date, go to the "discover" page on the app and click on the #YearOnTikTok hashtag. From there, you'll need to click the link at the top of the hashtag page to see your personal report.
If you're on mobile, you can click this link; tapping the "get started" button should take you to the TikTok app itself to scroll through your report.
According to TikTok, your "Year on TikTok" report only reflects data as of December 5, meaning that any trends you might have gotten extremely into over the course of the past several weeks likely won't show up.
If you're so inclined, you also have the option to share - or react to - your "Year on TikTok" video. If you share it publicly, you'll unlock a "2021" badge that can be added to your profile photo.
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x