Hotel review: I spent a night at MADE, in Manhattan's NoMad neighborhood - here's what I liked most about the understated, boutique hotel
- A relatively new spot in Manhattan's NoMad neighborhood, the MADE Hotel is a great spot for travelers who crave convenience, comfort, and creativity while traveling.
- MADE was designed by a team with a passion for art and style, which can be seen in everything from unique textiles in the guest rooms, to rotating art exhibits lining the lobby walls.
- Nightly rates start just over $200 for a standard Studio, though prices vary depending on time of year. There are a range of options to fit different budgets; I spent a night in a Creative Suite and loved the unique look and feel of it.
Whether you're visiting New York for the first time or have lived here for years, the city has a vibrant energy you can't ignore. A calm oasis to refresh and recharge is crucial, and I found one at MADE Hotel.MADE Hotel New York is a relatively new addition to the neighborhood - it opened in 2019 - but has quickly become popular with both tourists and business travelers for good reason: the location is central, the design impressive, and well, it's just cool.Advertisement
An expression of New York's eclectic culture, MADE features industrial yet simple furnishings and innovative work on display from local artists. With corners spilling over with lush greenery from fresh plants, there's almost a tropical vibe that makes you take a step back and savor things slowly. It's a stark, yet refreshing contrast to the grit and frenetic pace of New York streets outside.
I spent the night in a Creative Suite, comped for review purposes, which typically books for around $320 a night depending on the time of year. Smaller rooms like Studios are more affordable and priced starting around $200 per night.
- The first impression
- The room
- On-site amenities
- What's nearby
- What others say
- What you need to know
- The bottom line
- Book MADE Hotel New York starting at $200 per night
Keep reading to see why I was so impressed by the MADE Hotel NYC.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assam reports 365 new COVID-19 cases; total mounts to 9,799
- Eight deaths, 1,892 new COVID-19 cases in Telangana
- Letter to Prez over DU not holding ECA trials in view of COVID-19
- Pvt labs starting TrueNat/CBNAAT based tests for COVID be encouraged for NABL seal: ICMR to states
- 2,520 fresh COVID cases in Delhi take tally to over 94K; death toll rises to 2,923