How Princess Eugenie's royal baby photo compares to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's
- Princess Eugenie welcomed her son, August Philip Hawke Brooksbank, on February 9.
- Eugenie opted out of a royal baby photo call, a tradition followed by Meghan Markle.
- The princess may have been inspired by her sister, Princess Beatrice.
Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank welcomed their first child, August Philip Hawke Brooksbank, on February 9.
Princess Eugenie broke a royal tradition followed by Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton, and Princess Diana
The first official photos of a royal baby are usually taken at an official photo call within a few days of the birth.Princess Diana started the tradition of holding her post-birth photo call outside the hospital where she gave birth to Prince William in 1982 and Prince Harry in 1984. Kate Middleton and Prince William followed this tradition after the births of all three of their children.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not pose outside the hospital, however, they did hold a private photo call at Windsor Castle two days after their son Archie was born.Princess Eugenie did not appoint a royal photographer, and instead made the unusual choice to post the first photo - a black and white shot of the baby's hand - on Instagram on February 9.
The princess released full-length photos of her and Brooksbank cradling August on Saturday, more than a week after he was born.
"We wanted to introduce you to August Philip Hawke Brooksbank," the princess wrote on Instagram. "Thank you for so many wonderful messages. Our hearts are full of love for this little human, words can't express. We are excited to be able to share these photos with you."
Eugenie also wrote that the photo was taken by their midwife, who she thanked alongside "the wonderful essential workers."
The post contained two family photos of Eugenie, Brooksbank, and August, followed by a single picture of the baby.
The photos are less formal than Harry and Markle's, as they were taken in what appears to be a garden rather than a pre-arranged traditional setting.
The Sussexes held their photo call at Windsor Castle rather than Frogmore Cottage, which was their family home in the UK at the time.Eugenie may have been inspired by her sister, Princess Beatrice, who opted out of having a professional photographer take her engagement photos in September 2019. It was Eugenie herself who took the photos of Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.
Like with Eugenie's baby photos, Beatrice's engagement photos were taken at a private, outdoor setting and were later released by the palace.
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura