How to change the password on your Chromebook, by changing your Google password or adding a PIN
- You can easily change the password on your Chromebook to potentially create a faster login protocol.
- The password for your Chromebook is the same as your Google account password, which means they both have to be the same.
- That said, you can set up a slight workaround by creating a PIN for your Chromebook.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your Chromebook passwordIf you want to change your Chromebook's password, you'll have to change the password for your Google account, since your password has to be the same for both.
Here's how to do it:
How to add a PIN to your Chromebook1. Click the "Time" tab in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. Select the gear icon - this will prompt a window to open.
4. Select "Screen lock and sign-in."
6. Select "PIN or password" then click "Set up PIN."
You can now use your PIN to unlock your Chromebook from Sleep mode. But be aware that you may still have to enter your Google password once every 24 hours if you use the PIN to get into your Chromebook.From the "Screen lock and sign-in" area of your settings, you can also turn off the password requirement by toggling off the "Show lock screen when waking from sleep" option. However, this is less secure, so be sure that you're comfortable with that before turning it off, and consider turning it back on if you plan on using your computer in public.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Elon Musk-owned internet service Starlink’s India entry under scrutiny of DoT, report suggests
- Air conditioner and cooling brand Voltas India eyes double digit growth this summer
- Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani cumulatively lost nearly $7 billion as the markets plunged
- Dr. Reddy’s, TCS, Bandhan Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 13
- Sushil Chandra appointed as Chief Election Commissioner with effect from April 13