How to screenshot on a Chromebook in 2 different ways
- It's easy to screenshot on a Chromebook in two different ways.
- You can take a screenshot of your entire Chromebook screen - or just part of the screen - with similar keyboard shortcuts.
- Once you take a screenshot, you'll see a preview pop-up in the bottom-right corner of your Chromebook screen.
- Here's what you need to know to screenshot on a Chromebook.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you've never used a Chromebook before, it may take time to learn the keyboard shortcuts.But once you familiarize yourself with the new setup, doing things like taking screenshots will become simple - even automatic - given enough practice. Advertisement
Here's what you'll need to do to take targeted or fullscreen screenshots on your Chromebook:
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to screenshot on a Chromebook
The key to taking screenshots is the "Show all your open windows" button, which looks like a box with two lines to the right side of it.It's located in the top row of your keyboard, next to the "decrease screen brightness button," which looks like a small gear icon.
Here's how to use that button to take screenshots in two ways.
- To take a screenshot of the entire screen: Press the "Shift" key and the "Show all open windows" button.
- To take a screenshot of a part of the screen: Press the "Shift" and "Ctrl" keys as well as the "Show all open windows" button, then use your cursor to click and drag open a box around the area you want to capture.
This will give you the option to open the screenshot, by double clicking the pop-up and then selecting the screenshot from your Files folder.
If, however, you need to see an older screenshot, you can do so by clicking the circular button in the bottom-left corner of your screen, selecting the up-carrot button and then clicking open "Files."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Strict lockdown restrictions reimposed after spike in coronavirus cases in J-K's Rajouri
- Toddler among 33 fresh COVID-19 cases in Arunachal
- Rajasthan's COVID-19 tally rises by 170 to reach 23,344; death toll climbs to 499
- 570 new cases take Odisha's COVID-19 tally to 12,526, death toll mounts to 61
- NASA issues new guidelines to protect the Moon and Mars from Earth's germs