I don't want to switch from Android to iPhone because Apple's ecosystem is too good
- I currently use an Android phone and a Windows 10 laptop, but I nearly bought an iPhone 11 recently.
- If I had bought the iPhone, I would have also needed an Apple laptop like a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro to make the most of it and the Apple ecosystem. Otherwise, iPhones are simply vessels for apps.
- Apple's ecosystem is second to none, and comes with great functionality - as long as you use other Apple devices. By locking myself into Apple's ecosystem, I would have fewer options for what kind of laptop I need, and Apple's doesn't offer the options I want.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
I seriously considered buying an iPhone 11 at the very moment that Google announced that its new Pixel 4 smartphone wouldn't come with an ultra-wide camera.The reason why I wanted an ultra-wide camera doesn't matter for this story. All that matters is that I did, and I almost gave up my freedom in tech by almost buying an iPhone 11. Advertisement
I'll grant you this - it's dramatic to say that going to iPhone means giving up my tech freedom. But that's how I perceive it.
Let me explain:
To make the most of an iPhone, I'd have to use an Apple computer, like a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro. And that's the source of my problem.
To me, options are worth more than the magic of Apple's ecosystem. And if I become enamored with Apple's ecosystem, I won't get to experience what else is out there.Advertisement
It's hard to leave the Apple ecosystem, so I shouldn't walk through Apple's thinly designed USB-C-only aluminum gates in the first place.
- Maharashtra Unlock 5.0: Government opens restaurant and bars, but schools and cinema halls to remain closed
- Best car mobile holders in India
- International Day of Older Persons 2020: Over two billion people will be over 60 years old by 2050 across the world
- India-China agree to hold early meeting for disengagement along LAC
- Unlock 5.0: International flights to remain suspended till October 31