In Japan, one in 4 singles in their 30s doesn't want to get married due to loss of freedom, housework, and job insecurity: survey
Japan, one in four singles in their 30s is unwilling to get married, a government survey found.
- Women and men have different reasons for not wanting to get married.
In Japan, one in four singles in their 30s is unwilling to get married, a government survey found.
Japan's Gender Equality Bureau Cabinet Office released the survey findings in a white paper published on June 14. The survey gathered responses from 20,000 people, ranging from those in their 20s to those in their 60s, in December and January.
While the percentage of women and men in their 30s who say they have no intention of getting married is similar at 25.4% and 26.5% respectively, their reasons for not tying the knot are different.
The majority of surveyed women who said they don't want to get married said they feel they have to shoulder the responsibility of housework, childcare, and long-term care of their partners when married, the survey found.
The study found that women are also resistant to
The surveyed single Japanese men, on the other hand, said they were unwilling to marry because they desired freedom or lacked financial power and job security to support married life.
In addition, 36.2% of men between the ages of 20 and 39 said they simply had not met someone they liked enough to marry. This could be because they've never dated: Researchers conducting the survey found that roughly 35% of unmarried Japanese men in their 30s have never been on a date.
In Asian countries, people rarely have children outside of marriage. And Japan's already low birth rate is expected to fall further as more people are unwilling to marry. Experts are warning that together with the country's declining population, Japan may have to brace itself for labor shortages and long-term economic problems in the future as birth rates continue to fall.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24
- India needs 1,000+ pilots annually, but training infra in short supply
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World