Jaclyn Hill mourns her former husband after his death in an emotional Instagram post: 'I am so out of my mind right now'
- Jaclyn Hill shared an emotional Instagram post following the death of her former husband Jon Hill.
- She said she "never stopped loving and caring" for him and wanted him to "find happiness."
The 32-year-old influencer and makeup mogul shared the news of Jon's death on Instagram and Twitter on Thursday via a statement written by his family.
She then wrote her own statement and posted it to Instagram on Friday, alongside photos taken with Jon during their relationship. In her post's caption, Jaclyn said she "can't believe this day has actually come."
"I am so out of my mind right now, I don't how I'm even going to type this. But I'm going to try," Jaclyn wrote. "Jon, you were the most kind & compassionate person I've ever known."
"You looked people in the eyes & you truly listened & cared about what they had to say," her post said. "You had so much talent you didn't even know what to do with it. You turned your pain into art & touched so many people with your honesty in your music."
Jaclyn went on to say that her former husband was "one of the funniest" people she's met, and that she will "forever miss" how he "made everybody laugh uncontrollably."
"I know we ended our marriage but we never stopped loving & caring for each other," Jaclyn wrote. "All I ever wanted was for you to find your happiness & be free from your struggles. My heart is broken knowing that you are gone but my spirit knows that you are finally free."
She then added: "And I know that you're up there playing the drums right now making everyone laugh. I will carry our memories & inside jokes with me for the rest of my life. Rest peacefully. Love, Twix."
Fellow influencers also shared their condolences via Jaclyn's post.
James Charles wrote, "Love you Jaclyn ," and Mikayla Nogueira said, "I love you Jaclyn. My heart is with you and the Hill family. Rest In Peace Jon. ❤️"
They announced they were divorcing in May 2018, though Jaclyn continued using Jon's last name professionally and occasionally voiced support for her former husband as he faced drug addiction.
Hill is now engaged to the YouTuber Jordan Farnum, with whom she's been in a relationship for more than four years.
Farnum paid his respects to Jon via Instagram on Friday, sharing his fiancée's post alongside a message of his own.
"With the absolute utmost respect, my thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Hill family," Farnum wrote. "I am so incredibly sorry for your loss and my heart truly breaks for all of you. Rest peacefully, Jon."
Farnum also shared a link to Jon's music, and asked others to remember him through the art he made.
"Keep his spirit alive by streaming one of the best albums I've ever heard," Farnum wrote. "A legendary body of work."
Representatives for Jaclyn Hill declined to comment when contacted by Insider for this story.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- Infosys to lead IT sector’s Q2 show with 4% revenue growth, says Jefferies
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World