Japanese surfer Kanoa Igarashi is responding to Olympic viewers' thirsty TikToks about him
- Japanese-American surfer Kanoa Igarashi won the silver medal in men's
TikTok, he's also been responding to fans who post videos about his appearance.
- "Just doing my morning scroll on tik tok and found myself," Igarashi wrote in a comment.
Kanoa Igarashi, a Huntington Beach native competing for Japan in the
"Thank you japan for putting surfing in the olympics," a TikTok video with 2.6 million likes from user @fatasswhitegirl reads, cutting to shots of Igarashi holding his surfboard and later accepting his medal.
Igarashi, 23, posted a duet video, connecting the TikToker's footage with his own.
"Hey that guy looks familiar," Igarashi wrote in the caption of a duet video, smiling for the camera and showing off the silver medal that he won in Tokyo on Wednesday.
#duet with @fatasswhitegirl Hey that guy looks familiar♬ luxurious - cy
In a comment on @fatasswhitegirl's original video, Igarashi wrote, "Just doing my morning scroll on tik tok and found myself," accompanied by a laughing and crying emoji.
According to Igarashi's Olympics profile, his parents moved from Japan to California with the goal of having their children involved in surfing.
At age 14, Igarashi went on to become the youngest surfer to with the US National Championships for under-18 competitors. These games bring things full circle for his family as well - The New York Times reported that his father Tsutomu used to surf at Tsurigasaki Beach, the site of the Olympic competition this year.
On TikTok, Igarashi hasn't been posting quite as much during the games as some of his fellow Olympians. He does, however, seem committed to acknowledging his fans on TikTok.
##duet with @lolalaha *leans against air*♬ original sound
"Y'all are too much," Igarashi wrote in the caption of one of his response videos.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best TKL mechanical keyboards in India
- Buy Premium 2.1 channel speakers for audiophiles
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month