Jeff Bezos is building a gigantic luxury yacht that's expected to be one of the best in the world - and he's adding a 'support yacht' with its own helipad
Jeff Bezosis building a 127-meter luxury mega-yacht, according to a new book.
- He is also adding a second, "support yacht" that has its own helipad.
- Bezos hasn't owned a ship in the past, but he's displayed a fondness for yacht travel.
Jeff Bezos may soon be sailing the high seas in his very own mega-yacht.The
A representative for Bezos did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.Read more: Jeff Bezos responds to employee question about his resignation as CEO, says Amazon can 'out-survive any individual in the company, including, of course, myself'
While massive yachts are often an accessory of the mega-rich, Bezos, who is the richest person in the world with a fortune worth $193 billion, hasn't previously had a boat of his own. A viral photo in 2019 claimed Bezos was the owner of a $400 million yacht known as the Flying Fox. Amazon denied that the ship belonged to Bezos.Regardless, Bezos does appear to have a fondness for yacht travel. Throughout the summer of 2019, he and Sanchez were spotted aboard a yacht belonging to entertainment mogul David Geffen, and then a yacht owned by fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg. Earlier this year, the couple was spotted aboard another yacht in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Bezos announced in February that he plans to step down as Amazon's CEO in the third quarter of 2021 - Andy Jassy, the CEO of AWS, will take his place. Bezos said at the time that while he plans to stay involved in important initiatives at Amazon as its executive chairman, his goal is to spend more time on philanthropy - including the Bezos Earth Fund and his Day One Fund - as well as his two other major endeavors: The Washington Post, which he purchased 2013, and his rocket company, Blue Origin.
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists