JoJo Siwa says she 'couldn't sleep for 3 days' after coming out as a member of the LGBTQ community
- JoJo Siwa opened up to People about her experience coming out as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- She said she was previously upset by harsh comments online, and couldn't sleep for three days.
- Today, Siwa describes herself as pansexual and says she's happier than ever before.
In an interview with People, Siwa said that after announcing via social media in January that she has a girlfriend - 19-year-old Kylie Prew - the Nickelodeon star said she made the mistake of reading negative comments about herself online."I never should have done that," Siwa said of Googling herself. "I was thinking that all the comments were going to be nice and supportive, and they weren't."
Siwa said in January that she wasn't ready to label her sexuality, and she told People that she still isn't entirely sure - though she wants "to figure it out."For now, Siwa says she jokingly refers to herself as "Ky-sexual," a reference to her girlfriend, and is also comfortable with the labels gay and queer because she feels the words "just kind of cover it."
Still, Siwa says she's "technically" pansexual.
Siwa also shared some details about her girlfriend, who she met on a cruise ship."I told her my whole spiel that I tell everyone when they ask me my life story," Siwa said. "She goes, 'I could have Googled that. I want to know your life story. You just told me about your career. I want to know about you.' And I was like, 'No one's ever asked me that before.'"
Today, Siwa has seemingly come to terms with those who criticize her sexuality, telling People that she doesn't want people to support her if they won't also support the LGBTQ community. She also noted that she's received major "support from the world" after coming out.
"I think this is the first time that I've felt so personally happy," she said.
- India records highest single-day rise of 2,61,500 COVID-19 cases and 1,501 deaths
- Odisha halts COVID-19 vaccination drive in 1,035 sites due to its acute shortage
- All Migrant workers coming to Uttar Pradesh to be quarantined
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days