Lizzo said Instagram effects 'freak' her out and told her fans they have 'no-filter beauty'
Lizzoshared a video of herself using an
- The Grammy Award-winning singer, who often takes to
social mediato talk about self-love, shared the video via her Instagram story on Saturday.
- She showed what her skin looked like using the effect, then zoomed in on her natural skin, saying: "But y'all, I look like this."
- "If you're watching this I want you to know you got that no-filter beauty," she said to fans on Instagram.
Lizzo told her fans that they don't need
The Grammy Award-winning singer shared a video of herself using a
"The beauty that these filters give you is a nice thing — its cute, but if your skin don't look like this, if your nose don't look like this, if your lips don't look like this, if your eyes don't look like this — that's OK," she said.As the video ended, Lizzo moved closer to the camera to show her natural, no-filter face.
"But y'all, I look like this," she said while grinning at the camera.Lizzo is known for sharing messages about confidence and self-love. In June, the singer called out TikTok users who were using her name as an insult in comments on plus-sized women's videos.
"To the people who be putting my name in the comments, thank you," she said on TikTok. "Because you know what? If every time you see a big girl on this app loving herself, and putting herself out there, and being confident and loving her body, you think of me, or you think she looks like me — b----, that is a compliment."
"So next time you want to come to somebody and judge them, whether they drink kale smoothies or eat McDonald's... how about you look at your own f---ing self?" Lizzo continued on TikTok.
Representatives for Lizzo did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- How to bake a meteorite — scientists are heating up space rocks to recreate the birth of planets
- OYO’s ‘Hockey’ print campaign is winning the internet; there’s a lot more in store, says its head of global brand Mayur Hola
- 77 cases of Indian COVID-19 variant found in the UK
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and MP from Punjab Harshmit Kaur Badal test COVID-19 positive
- Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests