Massive 'Cluckingham Palace' built for $15 million by the cofounder of a chicken empire is being auctioned off to the highest bidder two years after his death
Courtesy of Concierge Auctions
- "Cluckingham Palace," a sprawling Texas mansion, was built in 1992 by architect Richard Drummond Davis for "Bo" Pilgrim, cofounder of the poultry empire Pilgrim's Pride, according to Robb Report.
- The 18,327-square-foot property spans 43 acres and has six bedrooms with 10 full bathrooms.
- Originally built for about $15 million, the property is set to be auctioned off between October 15 and October 18; it's also listed with local realtors for $8.95 million.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
After amassing his fortune in the chicken business, Pilgrim commissioned architect Richard Drummond Davis to build a "French Renaissance dream" palace with ornate gold leaf and marble decor, according to Robb Report; it cost about $15 million to build at the time.But now, two years after Pilgrim's 2017 death, his son is auctioning off his father's dream home through Concierge Auctions. According to the company's listing, the online sale will run from October 15 through October 18. Local agents are also currently listing the property for $8.95 million.
Here's a look inside the six-bedroom, 10-bathroom estate known to locals as "Cluckingham Palace."
The massive Pittsburg, Texas, estate is being auctioned off in an online sale starting October 15.
The two-story home has six bedrooms, 10 full bathrooms and 10 half bathrooms. It has both formal and informal dining areas, reception areas, home offices, a fitness room, and a screening room.Advertisement
There's a chandelier in the ornate entryway, surrounded by wrought-iron balustrades, a marble staircase, and marble pillars with gold detailing.
The living room makes use of soft pastel colors and Rococo-styled marble dressers.Advertisement
According to Concierge Auctions, the estate's gardens were designed by local Dallas landscape architects Naud Burnett & Partners.
One of many dining rooms features another chandelier hanging over the table.Advertisement
The surrounding property includes three ponds and a creek, with a fresh water well.
The French-style windows look out on a manicured garden.Advertisement
Pilgrim had this indoor pool designed after the Greenbrier Resort spa in White Sulphyr Springs, West Virginia.
The home has two stories, with garden detailing around the entry way. And it can all be yours for a cool $8.95 million — or potentially less, if you want to take your chances bidding in the auction.Advertisement
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 156 new infections
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 147 new infections
- Rajasthan eases lockdown norms, allows taxis, auto rickshaws to operate in red zones
- Bihar reports 163 fresh COVID cases, tally climbs to 2,737
- UP records 8 more COVID-related deaths; 229 fresh cases take tally to 6,497