Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could reportedly return to the UK for the Queen's birthday in June
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex could reunite with the royal family at the Queen's birthday celebrations in June.
- Royal aides told The Sunday Times that the scale of the event will be adapted to adhere to the government's social distancing restrictions in place at the time.
- Another aide said
Meghan Markleand Prince Harrycould be expected to return for the event since it is a "family occasion."
- Harry previously spoke about plans to return to the UK in 2021, and said he "would have been back already had it not been for COVID."
Plans are reportedly being put in place for the Queen's 95th birthday celebrations in June, and Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expected to attend.
Royal aides told The Sunday Times that
If Harry and Markle are able to attend the event on June 12, it also means they will likely be there to celebrate Prince Philip's 100th birthday on June 10.Representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Buckingham Palace declined to comment when contacted by Insider. The Sussexes bought their first home together in Santa Barbara, California back in August. They haven't returned to the UK since they resigned from royal duties in March 2020 due to travel restrictions put in place amid the coronavirus pandemic.
England is currently in national lockdown, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson announcing last week that the country's stay at home order would be in place until at least mid-February.
Harry and Markle are yet to announce official plans to reunite with the royal family when restrictions ease. However, the duke previously said he hopes to return to the UK in 2021."We've got a whole Rugby League World Cup coming next year, so I definitely plan on coming back. I would have been back already had it not been for COVID," Harry said during a video call with the Rugby Football League back in August.
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC